White Rock Lake Shoreline Cleanup
Greetings and Salutations My Friends,
My name is Chuck Kobdish, and I'm Cubmaster for Pack 43 at St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic School.
You and your family are invited to join us for a Circle Ten Council White Rock Lake Shoreline Cleanup.
What you need to know:
- RSVP via SignUp Genius by Noon, Thursday, August 4th. Link to SignUp Genius: Circle 10 White Rock Lake Shoreline Cleanup
- This event may qualify as 1 of the 3 events required to earn the Summertime Activity Pin. Please check with your leaders for more details.
- Arrive at Winfrey Point no later than 9 am, gather near the circular drive by the building (directions below)
- I'll be there with trash bags and gloves. If you or your Scout are allergic to latex, I suggest you bring your own gloves, as I'm not yet certain if I'll be getting latex or nitrile.
- We'll spend a few minutes discussing Citizenship, and what it means to be Good Stewards of our Community. Then we'll pick up the area around Winfrey Point for an hour or so.
- Scouts are encouraged to wear their Field Uniform (formerly Class A), though they may wear their Activity Uniform. Please also consider a hat, sunscreen, bug repellent, etc.
- Bring your own water bottle (required - it'll be hot), and a sack lunch, lawn blanket or chair for a quick picnic (optional) afterward.
- This is not a Drop Off Party! Parental/Guardian supervision is required! Boy Scouts of America is a family organization. So bring the whole family for fun and community service.
- In the event of inclement weather, please check SignUp Genius for any cancelation notice. Any change or cancelation will be determined no later than 7 am the morning of the event.
Winfrey Point is located on the East side of WRL, near the baseball fields. While you can take East Lawther north from Garland Rd, I would suggest taking Emerald Isle Dr. off Garland Rd. There is no light at Emerald Isle, but it is across the street from Dickey's BBQ, between Barbec's and Hypnotic Donuts, which many of you may know of all too well.
Please do not hesitate to contact me with questions or concerns.