Council Services

Council Services

Council Service Centers

The Circle Ten Council Service Centers provide resources and information to the Scout family of chartered partners and their leaders. Services include volunteer training, badges of rank and advancement records, processing of registration, reservations for use of Camp James Ray, Camp Constantin/Jack D. Furst Aquatic Base, Clements Scout Ranch/Trevor Rees-Jones Scout Camp, and Camp Wisdom/Billy Sowell Scout Camp/Shirley Sowell Cub World, and personal leadership from a trained staff of 52 professional Scout Executives and 23 office employees.

Membership Services
YOUTH AND ADULT REGISTRATION: All charter applications, additional enrollments and registration fees are promptly processed by our Registration Department and forwarded to the National Office after receipt at the Council Service Center. Charters and pocket registration cards are returned by mail to unit leaders within 30 days for presentation.

Free Badges of Rank
Effective May 1, 2009, there will be no charge for badges of rank for Cubs and Scouts for units submitting their advancements through the online Internet Advancement application.  This service is provided as a good turn by Friends of Scouting. Replacements for lost badges or duplicate badges must be purchased and a duplicate badge form must be completed. Merit badges and arrow points are not considered badges of rank.

Update October 1, 2014: Venturing cloth rank patches are now also including in the free badges.

UNIT Financing Information
Here are some simple suggestions you will want to keep in mind if your pack, troop, crew, lab, or post plan on a money earning project, (more detailed information available upon request).
1. The Unit Budget Plan is a way to provide badges, insignia, Boys' Life and re-registration for your unit.
2. Before you start a money earning project, be sure to file the simple application for approval available through the Scouting Centers.
3. Camp Card sales in the spring, and popcorn sales in the fall are two council board approved fundraising projects.
4. In any sales effort, please sell the product on its own merit, not the name of the Boy Scouts of America. However, when a service is rendered  (such as paper pick-up) or Camp Cards or popcorn are sold, the uniform may be worn.
5. A unit should have no public solicitation of funds. The only legal body designated to receive tax deductible contributions is the Circle Ten Council.

Commissioner Staff
Your unit commissioner is your friend. Invite him/her to your committee meeting to air any problems and successes that your unit encounters; listen to him/her for information about district and council activities.
The sole task of Commissioner Service is to help units succeed. Call on your Commissioner when you need help with program, administration, reorganization, and your annual rechartering process.

Program Helps

Monthly E-Newsletter
The council e-newsletter is emailed to all registered adults (who provided an email address) monthly, featuring local Scouting news and quality program suggestions.

Boys' Life Magazine
This monthly magazine is excellent reading for all boys and leaders at a special rate of $12.00 per year. Boys' Life is part of a complete Scouting program.

Scouting Magazine
This magazine is mailed January, March, May, September, October, and November to all registered Scouters and contains pertinent information and articles of concern to all. It includes articles for leaders to aid in program planning.

Circle Ten Council Hub
This web-based app is everything you need to know, in the palm of your hand. Sign up to receive information about programs and activities that are important to you. Receive timely push notifications and network with others through this portal.

Comprehensive General Liability

This coverage provides primary general liability coverage for registered volunteer Scouters with respect to claims arising out of an official Scouting activity with the exception that the coverage is excess over any insurance which may be available to the volunteer for loss arising from the ownership, maintenance, or use of a motor vehicle or watercraft. This insurance is only available while the vehicle or watercraft is in the actual use of a Scouting unit and being used for a Scouting purpose. Coverage is more than $15 million for bodily injury and property damage. Because of the high limits, volunteers should NOT be placed in a position where their assets are jeopardized because of a negligence liability claim or lawsuit.

The insurance provided unregistered Scouting volunteers through the BSA general liability insurance program is excess over any other insurance the volunteer might have to his or her benefit, usually a homeowner's, personal liability, or auto liability policy.

There is no coverage for those who commit intentional or criminal acts.

Council Accident and Sickness Insurance Plan (Health Special Risk, Inc.)

This accident and sickness insurance is provided for Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, Venturers, LFL Explorers, and adult volunteer leaders registered in the council, and covers them for accidents and sickness (as well as accidental death and dismemberment) while participating in any official Scouting activity. This coverage is applied for by the council and is in effect on an annual basis. It is an excess policy. Additional information on coverage, limits, etc., may be obtained by contacting the council office.

Internet Rechartering 

A representative of each unit can complete the paperwork for renewing a charter online. From Internet Rechartering, you can indicate returning members, add new members and update information for an individual or the chartered organization. Sixty days before your unit's expiration date, the access code for your unit will be mailed to to your currently registered unit leader.

The unit then may designate someone to be the renewal processor who will access the system and begin the process. When the online process is completed, the new unit roster is submitted to ScoutNET and a Unit Charter Renewal Report Package is printed.

Then the unit leader and charter organization Executive Officer sign the charter renewal application and it is delivered to the council office with the appropriate fees and any additional paperwork (New youth and adult applications, Journey to Excellence, etc...).




Powered by