Welcome to Circle Ten Council Exploring! Follow the links below to learn more about Exploring and how you can discover your career. Exploring is a coed program for youth ages 10-20 (Ten year old participants must have completed the 5th grade).
Our Mission: Deliver character-building experiences and mentorship that allow youth to achieve their full potential in both life and work.
Our Vision: Shape the workforce of tomorrow by engaging and mentoring today's youth in career and life-enhancing opportunities.
Our Promise: Bring businesses and community leaders together to help young people reach their full potential.
Exploring programs are based on five areas of emphasis: career opportunities, life skills, citizenship, character education, and leadership experience.
- Develop potential contacts that may broaden employment options
- Boost self-confidence and experience success at school and work
- Develop physical and mental fitness
- Experience positive social interaction
- Encourage the skill and desire to help others
- Gain a keen respect for the basic rights of others
- Help make ethical choices
- Fulfill one's responsibilities to society as a whole
- Acquire leadership skills necessary to fulfill one's responsibilities in society
- Develop a variety of leadership traits
Young adults involved in Exploring will:
- Gain practical knowledge of and experience in a career
- Engage in a program of activities centered on career opportunities, life skills, citizenship, character development, and leadership experience to encourage the development of the whole person
- Have opportunities to take on leadership roles
- Have a chance to learn and grow in a supportive, caring, and enjoyable environment