Welcome to Circle Ten Exploring! Follow the links at the bottom of the page to learn more about the Exploring program and how you can develop your career.
Exploring is a worksite-based program. It is part of Learning for Life's career education program for young men and women age 10 through 20 years old.
Exploring is based on a unique and dynamic relationship between youth and the organizations in their communities. Local businesses or organizations initiate a specific Exploring post by matching their people and program resources to the career interests of young people in the community. The result is a program of activities that helps youth pursue their career interests, grow, and develop.
Exploring's purpose is to provide experiences that help young people mature and that prepare them to become responsible and caring adults. Explorers are ready to investigate the meaning of interdependence in their personal relationships and communities.
Exploring programs are based on five areas of emphasis: career opportunities, life skills, citizenship, character education, and leadership experience.
- Develop potential contacts that may broaden employment options
- Boost self-confidence and experience success at school and work
- Develop physical and mental fitness
- Experience positive social interaction
- Encourage the skill and desire to help others
- Gain a keen respect for the basic rights of others
- Help make ethical choices
- Fulfill one's responsibilities to society as a whole
- Acquire leadership skills necessary to fulfill one's responsibilities in society
- Develop a variety of leadership traits
Young adults involved in Exploring will:
- Gain practical knowledge of and experience in a career
- Engage in a program of activities centered on career opportunities, life skills, citizenship, character development, and leadership experience to encourage the development of the whole person
- Have opportunities to take on leadership roles
- Have a chance to learn and grow in a supportive, caring, and enjoyable environment
Explorer posts can specialize in a variety of career skills, including the following: